JOBS IN E Y 8 FEB 2018
CA Trainee Program
The CA Trainee Program will send you on a challenging journey where you will be engaged on complex projects across different assignments and work in teams to provide solutions to your clients.
As part of the team, you will:
• Make technical contributions to client engagements and internal projects
• Actively develop internal and external relationships
• Identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY Ford Rhodes on existing engagements
You will find yourself immersed in a world of constant learning, development and opportunities and emerge as a top professional after 3 years of training.
• Participate in engagements and execute the work plan
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
• Help prepare for meetings with target management teams, and participate in these meetings
• Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships across Services Lines
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Maintain a professional attitude towards client needs, responding on a timely basis to clients’ requests
• Communicate and share all client and engagement knowledge with all the engagement team on a timely basis
• Communicate all the necessary information to the manager in-charge on a timely basis
• Stay informed of relevant technical, business and environmental developments
• Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining assurance professionals
• Anticipate and identify risks, and escalate issues accordingly
• Ensure that work delivered to the clients is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer
• Work as a member of Advisory team and gradually progress to the experienced level
• Maintain a professional attitude towards client needs, responding in a timely manner to clients’ requests
• Display good listening skills and ask appropriate questions from clients
• Provide feedback to the team about clients’ needs so that EY responds effectively
• Take responsibility for understanding and fulfilling assigned roles and key responsibilities
• Collaborate constructively with colleagues, building strong working relationships based on honest communication and mutual accountability
• Identify areas of risk and risk mitigation
• Identify areas of process improvements, including efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Complete and document assigned work in line with work plans/budgets, set out expectations and EY quality standards to achieve expected outcomes. Take responsibility for correcting any errors or omissions
• Analyze and clearly present data and other information to identify significant trends or key improvement ideas
• Accurately identify client improvement ideas or risk gaps and communicate clear explanations and suggested actions to the project team. Respond promptly to all client requests while adhering to review procedures
• Communicate ideas to improve work in progress, surfacing problems and opportunities with the team
• Understand and apply the correct methodology, tools and technology. Meet relevant performance measures
• Attend Firm’s training programs
• Contribute to EY’s knowledge-sharing culture by participating in forums, networks, and communities
• Understand and consistently follow EY values and policies
• Demonstrate commitment to EY and professional standards and to enhancing our brand with clients, regulators and other stakeholders
• BS in Accounting and Finance (from ICAP assigned RDAIs)
• CGPA: 3 or above
• Preference will be given to candidates with good O and A level results, good Matriculation, Intermediate and BA/Com results, foreign graduates. Furthermore, preference will be given to candidates who have passed the above examinations in the first attempts and multiple qualifications.
• Fresh graduates
• Internship experience
• Leadership skills
• Task management skills
• Good presentation and writing skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team working skills
• IT skills
• Preference may be given to candidates who are fluent in other foreign / regional languages
• Curriculum Vitae
• Transcripts / Certificates / Degrees of the following:
Matric / O’ level
Intermediate / A’ level
BS Accounting and Finance
• Certificates of any other courses attended
• Scanned Copy of Computerized CNIC
• Colored, passport-size photograph
Who we are
Ford Rhodes and Sidat Hyder as separate practices have been operating for decades and merged and renamed as EY FORD RHODES (EYFR). The firm has emerged as one of the leading professional services organization.
We are a member of ERNST & YOUNG GLOBAL LIMITED (EY), one of the “Big Four” professional services Firm in the world with 230,000 people at over 700 plus locations in 150 plus countries. As a member of EY family, we have ready access to its Global Knowledge – base, experience and latest property technologies and expertise in a fast changing world of business and knowledge which enables us to promptly provide services to our clients based locally and internationally.
EYFR has its Principal Office at Karachi and branches at Lahore, Islamabad and Kabul. Clients are served through specialized practice segments constituting multi-disciplinary teams under designated engagement Partner(s) supported by independent and Quality Assurance Partner(s).
Its current strength of 1600 plus professionals are able to synergize its best potential through a pool of expertise comprising Chartered Accountants, Tax and Corporate Law Specialists, Business Advisory Specialists, Information Technology Specialists, Transaction Advisory Specialists, Business Risk Specialists, Cost and Management Accountants, Lawyers, Human Capital Specialists, MBAs, Economists and professionals from other disciplines.
The emerging business of our clients and their demands in a fast changing and challenging global market place require value-addition through knowledge capital and technology. Decades of presence in the region has given EY FORD RHODES the opportunity to understand such emerging business needs by providing a whole range of services to a divert client base.
Once you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be informed to fill out the Trainee Application Form which will be available at your University’s Career Services office.
The last date of submission of the Trainee Application Forms is Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Interview process will commence from March, 2018.
Note: By filling the online form I understand that incomplete / inaccurate information may be the grounds for rejection, without assigning any reason.